Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Green alligators and long-necked geese. . .

I have to say that I LOVE Pre-K and am very proud of Faith. Tonight was her Spring Music Concert for school (Pre-School through 4th graders performed) and they were SUPER cute! If there were a super-power for cuteness - their cuteness was disabling. . . . too cute. . . can't re-sist. . .

It helps, too, that I've been volunteering in Faith's classroom quite a bit lately and the teacher gave me a great job: I was tasked with interviewing each child one-on-one. I got to ask them questions like, "What did you learn in Pre-K?", "What's your favorite color?", "What are you thankful for?", and "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Cutest of cute!

ME: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Child1: "A Mommy like my mommy"

Child2: "A fighter-fighter [fire fighter] and then when I get bigger a SuperGIrl!"

Child3: "a Mail Box Person" (because the mail box person brings boxes and he got a box of candy for his birthday and he never gets candy and so he wants to bring people boxes too. . . )

. . . Too cute!

Granted, we encountered a couple of snares: Faith was jealous sharing me on recess and pouted when a friend gave me a hug -- guess we have to work on her reaction since she's always been the baby in our family. Thankfully she did much better on the second day :>) But I got to spend the WHOLE day in her classroom and that was very special. . . pushing preschoolers on the swings and being called "Mrs. Priddy" and "Faith's mom" -- best role ever! And Faith beamed with pride and wanted to show me everything. (sigh) Very good.

So, tonight we listened to some wonderful songs at the school with Faith getting a bit distracted by the video camera and being able to see herself on the big TV screen stage-left, but she sang out with all her heart and did all the hand motions. They sang about how "the wise man builds his house up on the rock" and then the "Green alligators and long-necked geese" which was too funny because the music teacher tried to lead them through the verses (which all the kids stumbled through), but then the kids belted out the chorus and really got into the hand-motions (I especially got a kick out of how they wiggled their shoulders for the "humpty backed camels"). Again, too cute!

Faith's teachers told her how well she did after the program and she again beamed with pride. . . We need to give her more opportunities to be proud -- don't you think? (She also got a second place ribbon for her grade for her art picture of a cat -- drawn and then painted with watercolors . . . too cute! That's something that will even impress her big brothers :> ) )

It was a fun night and I love these pre-schoolers and this special time with them. . . very cool.



P.S. I can also be super proud of my boys:

Isaac got an 'A' on his presentation & board for our family heritage of football -- very cool! And, it's cute that I heard other boys in his class talking about how they thought his presentation was cool. . . good thing for a 12-year-old boy to hear :>)

Elijah competed in his class' Olympic games today and took second place in the 100 meter dash and sixth place in the 50 yard dash -- VERY cool! I definitely want to continue to encourage him. . .

No comments: