Wednesday, January 7, 2009

HELP REQUESTED: Seriously sick & tired of my flippin irregular heartbeat!

Be forewarned: I'm grumpy! I just got back from grocery shopping with Faith and while out I experienced another "episode." I mean, seriously! Is there no peace?

What's it like? You know how it feels when you hit your funny bone and it's that sharp pain . . . Imagine that sharp pain moving up from your elbow into your heart and growing in intensity as it approaches the heart. My heart feels sharp, cramping, heavy pain that grows in intensity and then gradually subsides. The event typically lasts a total of 5 minutes or so and then I'm left with that dull ache like after you've had an intense muscle cramp. . . . And I'm grumpy.

April/May 2007 I wore an "event" monitor for a month and they diagnosed me with an irregular heart beat: Supraventricular tachychardia and something else (I have it written down somewhere). Basically my heart rate fluctuates between 80 and 130 bpm and also skips beats. . . My interpretation? My heart is wiggin' out. The doctors said that it seems to be a normal irregular heart beat but that we should keep an eye on it; no action required for now.

However, I can tell you that, when I'm experiencing that sharp pain and am debating about going to the emergency room and waiting to see if the sensation moves below my elbow, those five minutes feel like forever!!

Good news? It appears to cycle: I have these "events" periodically over about 2 months (with them growing in intensity and then lessening over the two months) and then they go away for several months. That's the good news: If I can bear it then this too shall pass.

So, my request? Does anyone else know anything about this? Suggestions?

Thanks!

No comments: